Over the last few years, hemp seed oil has gained tremendous popularity. Made from the hemp seed itself, this oil is non-psychoactive and does not contain THC or CBD. This luscious ingredient is known for its rich texture, colour and its astounding omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acid content.
So, let's dive into the nitty-gritty and find out what makes this ingredient stand out from so many others and why it’s the star ingredient in our Restore Facial Oil.
Unlike many other oils, hemp seed oil is beneficial when ingested and applied topically. It can be used universally with other skincare products and can actually soothe irritation. In fact, hemp oil is known to help those with skin conditions such as acne, eczema, psoriasis and lichen planus. Making this an ideal oil for people with combination or acne-prone skin.
It’s a common misconception that using oil on already oily or acne-prone skin can make your skin more oily, when really it helps to regulate oil — making this ingredient foolproof. When used frequently, hemp seed oil can help rebalance your skin's natural oil production. Not only that, but it can also replenish dehydrated skin without clogging your pores. Making it beneficial for various skin types!
Here are our top 5 reasons why you should be using hemp seed oil in your skincare routine:
1. Locks in hydration and deeply moisturizes - Rich in omega-3, 6 and 9 fatty acids, hemp seed oil helps to repair the skin barrier and form a seal over the skin to lock moisture in. Known as a humectant, it draws moisture into the skin and encourages further nourishment.
2. Reduces inflammation - One of the main benefits of using hemp seed oil, is its ability to heal skin. It's full of vitamin E which acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory that helps to relieve visible redness, inflammation and irritation. Often recommended as an alternative solution for acne and other skin conditions as it encourages the growth of new healthy skin cells.
3. Soothes skin - Rich in fatty acids, hemp seed oil moisturizes and soothes inflamed skin without clogging pores.
4. Anti-aging properties - High in antioxidants (vitamin A, C, E and F), as well as fatty acids to strengthen the skin barrier, allowing it to preserve water, keeping skin looking more firm and plump. These same antioxidants help prevent and reduce visible signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles.
5. Prevents free radical damage and relieves skin stressors - The omega fatty acids help to keep toxins that cause premature aging at bay. Hemp seed oil repairs and protects the skin against environmental damage, such as UV rays, pollution, smoke etc.
As someone with sensitive skin, I wondered why so many products left me with mild irritation. After years of trying various products, I finally landed on a product that featured hemp seed oil as the main ingredient. Now my skin feels hydrated and nourished without any irritation.
Not only can hemp seed oil do wonders for your skin, it’s also great for healing cuticles and strengthening your nails. When applying your Restore oil to your face, apply a little directly to your nails as well and massage it in.
If you are looking for a product that contains hemp seed oil that you can use morning or night, try Nourish Beauty's Restore Facial Oil. Among this product's other rich ingredients, hemp seed oil will help lock in moisture and repair without the heaviness that some oils leave.