The powerhouse ingredient that seems to do it all, Squalane. Bioidentical to squalene that is naturally produced by humans and found in our sebum, it absorbs instantly and plays a vital role in the health of our skin by keeping it moisturized and balanced. Essentially, it’s one of the many natural lipids your body produces to lubricate and protect your skin.
Beneficial for all skin types, our squalane is sustainably plant-derived from olives — a vegan, ethical, noncomedogenic and more stable and effective version of squalane.
- Supports barrier function and microbiome diversity. Used as an emollient, which maintains the skin’s moisture barrier and hydration. Skin barrier health is one of the most important functions of the skin, as it keeps moisture in and stops water loss, blocking environmental irritants from getting in.
- Replenishes our natural supply as we age. Squalane is naturally produced by the sebaceous glands in our skin, but as many other good things (collagen, elastin etc), we lose squalane as we age. Incorporating it into your skincare will help to keep it replenished, helping the skin to age gracefully with its powerful anti-aging properties.
- Suitable for all skin types including oily and acne-prone. Since squalane mimics our natural sebum, it can actually help to control natural oils. The skin recognizes squalane as a naturally occurring oil, therefore producing less on its own. Making it great for oily skin types. Being so lightweight and noncomedogenic (won’t clog your pores), it’s safe and beneficial for all skin types.
- Helps neutralize and protect against photo-aging (premature aging caused by repeated exposure to UV). High in antioxidants that help neutralize environmental damage, fight free radicals, manage oxidative stress, protection from UV and pollution.
- Non-irritating. Due to its skin-identical nature, Squalane is hypoallergenic, easily absorbing into the skin, making it safe for even the most sensitive skin. It’s anti-imflammatory properties can also help to reduce redness, soothe eczema and even reduce acne and scarring.