This skin-strengthening nutrient is one of the most versatile ingredients out there. Not only does Niacinamide have anti-aging, anti-inflammatory and anti-acne benefits but it also helps with uneven skin tone and hyperpigmentation. Making this ingredient suitable and beneficial for all ages and skin types (gentle enough for sensitive skin too). It's a perfect all-rounder ingredient that offers skin-benefits for everyone and is also safe to use when pregnant and breastfeeding.
It’s versatility and ability to benefit and help all skin types is exactly why we chose this miracle active as one of the main ingredients in our soon-to-launch botanical retinol alternative.
So, what is Niacinamide?
Niacinamide is a water-soluble form of vitamin B3 that is naturally found in foods such as avocados, carrots, tomatoes, spinach and seeds. It works with the natural substances in your skin to help visibly minimize and tighten enlarged pores, improve uneven skin tone, soften fine lines and wrinkles, diminish dullness, and strengthen a damaged or weakened barrier.
How does it work?
This miracle ingredient has the ability to strengthen our skin barrier, protecting against environmental damages, UV, pollution and irritants. It boosts barrier function by increasing ceramide production (fatty acids that make up 50% of your upper layer of skin and promote cellular function, retain + lock in moisture and help prevent dryness and irritation). They are critical for an effective skin barrier and luckily niacinamide increases the production of ceramides.
- Keeps skin firm and healthy
- Locks in and retains moisture
- Minimizes redness and uneven skin tone
- Reduces the appearance of pores
- Regulates oil production + helps decongest oily skin
- Protects against environmental damages and sun damage
- Minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Treats acne (goodbye maskne!)
- Works in tandem with other skincare products. Boosts the effectiveness of other active ingredients, making your skincare ritual even more effective.